The Early Learning Lab, a project of the New Venture Fund (NVF), is an innovation lab formed in the spring of 2015 to ensure the healthy early development of children and support their families, caregivers, and teachers. We are a small but dynamic team that combines early childhood expertise with technology, design and innovation capacities. We work with partners across the country to build tools and advance key initiatives that can create high-leverage change for children and families, with a particular focus on incorporating community voice and equity into programs and systems.
Why should you work here? We are a proven, quickly growing, mission-driven organization. We take care of our people and abide by our values. We believe that the transformation of our world to be more equitable and just needs to be grounded in ensuring that all children have a strong foundation of healthy early development so they can thrive and fulfill their potential. We also believe that we need to co-design programs and services with communities, not for them. If you agree with these statements, we invite you to join our team. We offer:
- Comprehensive healthcare, with dental and vision and a generous Health Reimbursement Account
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote team
We are growing and launching a number of new programs and services in communities across the country! We are looking for an Operations Manager to ensure that all our trains run on time, managing project schedules and deliverables; overseeing budgets and finance operations; and identifying opportunities to improve internal and external processes.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Project management: Create project plans and timelines and ensure that team members are on track with deliverables and on budget. Coordinate with external partners on resource management and the delivery of join programs and services.
- Financial management: Create and track the organizational and project budgets and forecasts, work with our fiscal sponsor to ensure correct grant-funded project spend-down and financial reporting to funders. Manage invoices and contracts and track payments. Communicate on state of finances to the Board.
- Workflow management: Create and/or optimize internal and external processes for communications, workflow, document management and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and team members on program and organizational strategy, taking on additional tasks to strengthen organizational operations and shaping our vision for working to improve child and family outcomes.
Great Candidates for This Job:
- Have 5+ years of professional experience and a proven track record of success in managing complex projects
- Are highly collaborative and diplomatic and are experienced in leading and facilitating multi-stakeholder teams
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are passionate about building strong relationships with coworkers and partners
- Are action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Are financially literate and have demonstrated experience managing budgets and budgeting processes
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social issues and a passion for improving outcomes for children – Experience working in education is a plus.
- Spanish language ability is preferred
How to Apply
This is a full-time, exempt position. We are seeking candidates located in the United States. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations by November 6 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Early Learning Lab is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.
NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.