The Early Learning Lab is an innovation lab for the early childhood field. Join our team and get in on the ground floor of two products that will help bring equity and quality education to young children. 1) a promising new tool that helps preschool teachers improve their classroom practice through self-reflection and goal setting and 2) a statewide portal for California parents to find preschools and child care.
The Product Manager will work as part of a team and with partner organizations to facilitate a workgroup to gather requirements from stakeholders, use human-centered design processes to understand the needs of end-users for both projects, and make recommendations on the features, design options, and sustainability/business plans for the projects.
The Product Manager will:
- Gather requirements for tools in development from key stakeholders within the California early childhood system
- Conduct design research with end-users to understand needs and potential barriers to use
- Make design recommendations for the tools and conduct a gap analysis with work to date
- Work with Lab’s Executive Director to identify funding and sustainability options for projects in development
Great Candidates for This Job:
- Have 5+ years experience developing technology tools
- Have led teams through requirements gathering for technology projects
- Have used human-centered design to understand user needs and inform the development of technology products
- Are highly collaborative and diplomatic and are experienced in leading and facilitating multi-stakeholder teams
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and are passionate about building strong relationships and networks of partner organizations and institutions
- Are action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Possess a bachelor’s degree and advanced degree in a relevant field of study
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social benefit – experience working in education is a plus
How to Apply
This is a temporary position for at least 12 months, with potential option to extend. Candidates can be remote, but the position requires some travel in the Bay Area for stakeholder and end-user meetings.
Competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits. If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Early Learning Lab was formed in the Spring of 2015, as a project of New Venture Fund, to source new approaches to ensure children’s healthy development and kindergarten readiness. We identify and spread smart innovations and technology solutions that equip parents, caregivers, and teachers with the tools and knowledge they need to help children from birth to age 5, when it matters most.
We are a small but dynamic team that combines early childhood expertise with design, technology and innovation capacities to advance key initiatives that can create high-leverage change in the early childhood field.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Early Learning Lab is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.