About The Parent Innovation Institute
How The Program Works
Organization representatives and parents will work collaboratively in small teams and be guided through a creative design process that involves co-creation and short-cycle learning to create high impact and scalable solutions that support great caregiving.
Teams convene in four workshops over 12 months where they will identify questions and problems they would like to solve and then build and implement solutions. Additionally, all teams will receive ongoing coaching from The Parent Innovation Institute throughout the program.
- Enrich current services and programs
- Families and community members gain knowledge around children’s early learning and development
- Intensive and collaborative professional and organizational development
- Transformational leadership development
- Culturally responsive learning space
- On-going consultation and coaching
- Monetary stipend
Who would be a good fit?
We are looking for organizations (or individuals) in Oakland’s Fruitvale neighborhood that:
- Work with parents with children ages 0-5 (even if it isn’t your core program area)
- Want to explore new ways to improve programs or services
- Want to improve parent-child interactions to increase early learning
- Could bring together a team of 4 enthusiastic individuals
How to apply
Submit answers to the below questions via one of the following: a 3 minute or less video (smartphone works great), 1 page statement, photo or drawing with caption to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What does your organization do?
- What excites you about joining The Parent Innovation Institute?
- How might we strengthen the interaction between parents and their child/children?
In the body of the email please indicate your language of preference and who the members of your design team will be.
2017 Application Timeline + Launch Date
- Application opens: March 6th
- Application closes: April 3rd
- Applicant Notifications: April 7th
- Mandatory Launch Meeting (for accepted organizations): April 11th